Powering the Next Generation of Semiconductor Test
As the Lead Analog Design Engineer you will be responsible as a technical design leader as well as planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing activities in the IC Design department. Our power supply designs are primarily “big analog” and have been traditionally linear. As we move to the future we will increase the digital aspect of our mixed signal chips as well as creating unique solutions for ATE using switch mode designs. You will ensure the development of new products from idea through to successful product release meeting current and future needs of our customers. Understanding the importance of effective resource management and communication will be just as vital as technical expertise in this role.
- Understand the technical aspects and elements of Semiconductor Design- particularly switch mode power supply design, across processes and functions.
- Oversee multiple design teams in an agile flexible environment
- Lead projects and mentor and grow project leads, senior and junior designers
- Provide technical leadership in circuit and architecture design
- Collaborate with the product and test engineering team for overall project success
- Partner with VPs of Engineering, Operations, Sales and Finance to develop successful products efficiently and on schedule.
- Ensure commitments to customers are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new systems, tools, processes and technologies to improve design, reuse, organizational processes and decision-making.
- Build, manage, and mentor a top tier R&D design team across locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; Master’s degree preferred
- Project lead on multiple switch mode power supply tapeouts through to product release
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures including physical design
- Must be goal and outcome focused with the ability to manage multivariable, complex development projects stretching across years and budgets
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Ability to attract and retain key engineering talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in simplifying and dealing with complexity across design, project management, and organizational build out.